Limerick and District Credit Union is currently recruiting for the role of Loans Officer. This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role as a member of our growing team. We have a full-time permanent position available. This role is based in one of our four Limerick branches with some limited travel required between branches.
The Loans Officer position facilitates lending to members of the credit union in accordance with the policies governing lending as laid down by the Board of Directors and relevant legislation. The Lending Officer is also responsible for the administration processes of the lending department and to provide service support to the member services team. The key purpose of this role is to support our very valued members with the lending aspect of the credit union by providing a superior level of assistance and service in a timely and efficient manner. The successful candidate will deliver a best in class standard of customer service.
Reward / Package include:
- Excellent Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Education Support
Skills and competency requirements:
- Strong lending analytical ability and proven judgment. Member focused and aligned with the ethos and values of the credit union.
- A minimum of two years financial services experience.
- A certification or diploma, preferably in business or finance, and/or to be QFA qualified
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills with the ability to multitask effectively.
- Friendly and approachable, believing in teamwork and collaboration.
- Flexibility and adaptability to learn and work on different tasks under different situations.
- Excellent communication skills as well as strong IT skills.
- Experience working in a credit union, financial or office lending environment is advantageous.
- Experience in business and agricultural lending and mortgages is advantageous.
Working at Limerick and District Credit Union
We are a community based credit union with our member’s needs foremost in our decision making. Our aim is to deliver a friendly, efficient quality service as well as products to our valued members as a not-for-profit organisation.