Limerick and District Credit Union is currently recruiting for the role of experienced Teller/Clerical Officer. This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role as a member of our growing team. We have full-time and part time permanent positions available. Previous experience as a teller is an advantage. This role is based in one of our four Limerick branches with some limited travel required between branches.
The teller position is responsible for carrying out a range of operational and administrative activities that contribute to the effective running of the day to day operations of the credit union. The key purpose of this role is to support our very valued members with all financial transactions by providing a superior level of assistance and service in a timely and efficient manner. The successful candidate will deliver a best in class standard of customer service in a frontline and back office remit, inclusive of processing day to day financial transactions, dealing with queries, handling loans and insurance, administration and offering information and support to existing and new members.
As our tellers are the main point of contact for all existing and potentially new members, the successful person will have an excellent customer care ethos.
Reward / Package include:
- Excellent Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Education Support
Skills and competency requirements:
- Member focused and aligned with the ethos and values of the credit union.
- Previous teller experience is an advantage.
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills with the ability to multitask effectively.
- Friendly and approachable, believing in teamwork and collaboration.
- Flexibility and adaptability to learn and work on different tasks under different situations.
- Excellent communication skills as well as strong IT skills.
- Experience handling cash in a business or retail environment is an advantage.
- Experience working in a credit union, financial or office administration environment is an advantage.
- A certification or diploma, preferably in business or finance, or to be QFA qualified is an advantage.
Working at Limerick and District Credit Union
We are a community based credit union with our member’s needs foremost in our decision making. Our aim is to deliver a friendly, efficient quality service as well as products to our valued members as a not-for-profit organisation.